The MyLLC website comes from the writers of the LLCs for Dummies book that has helped thousands of people with their dream of setting up a company. There are a lot of online services offering to help you incorporate or form an LLC, but how many of them can say with complete sincerity that they have written the book on limited liability corporations? Not many, but in this MyLLC review you will become familiar with one company who make that claim.
Reading the LLCs for Dummies book is a good way to learn all aspects of setting up a company and incorporating, but you can get the same results from just using the services offered at MyLLC.com! This is truly one of the best services available or “dummies” who don’t know much about setting up a company or incorporating.
If you are one of those LLC “dummies,” or just don’t have the time and desire to do all of the legwork involved with setting up a company yourself, MyLLC will take you by the hand and steer you through every step of the process. They will even be available for questions long after your LLC has been established.
MyLLC even sends out notices when papers need to be filed to maintain your LLC status. They track all requirements for your state and will let you know when something needs to be done to keep your business afloat. Allow them to do the legwork for these maintenance tasks as well and you have a very convenient service that frees your time to deal with other aspects of your business.
One thing that really stood out to me while writing this MyLLC review is the amount of personal attention that you get with this service. As soon as you place an order to use their services, you are assigned to one “formation leader” who is designated the job of putting your paperwork together.
Rather than having a team of people working on different aspects of your paperwork or not knowing who is doing the work for you, MyLLC gives you one person who does all of the work right from the beginning.
Even more impressive, the formation leaders deliver the original version of your papers within 48 hours for you to review. Not only do they give you personal attention, but you won’t wait weeks to see the initial output of their work. Many competing services make no promises on how fast your papers will be completed or filed with your state, so this is a big perk to using MyLLC.
What Does MyLLC Offer?
Obviously, MyLLC can help you set up a limited liability corporation, but they have a lot more to offer. Anyone interested in setting up a company or turning an existing company into any type of corporation will find the services they need at MyLLC:
- File to become an LLC in any state.
- File to become other types of corporations in any state.
- File to form a limited partnership or limited liability partnership in any state.
- Establish doing business as (DBA).
- Check the availability of company names.
- Register trademarks and service marks.
- Registered Agent services
- Obtain a Certificate of Good Standing
- Obtain corporate records kits & seals
Those are just the services related to setting up a company and getting established as some form of corporation. You can also find a long list of services that help you maintain your company over time.
Once your company is established, you can depend on MyLLC to do all of the following:
- Notify you when it is time to file paperwork to maintain your business status.
- Complete and file all ongoing paperwork on your behalf.
- Provide all certified documents that you may need at certain points.
- Offer compliance and registered agent services as needed.
You can also depend on MyLLC for education. They have a nice learning center on their website that gives a lot of basic information on all of your options when setting up a company. Even if you aren’t sure you want to become a corporation or aren’t sure what the different corporation models are, you will find valuable information on the site to help make these decisions.
How it Works
If you come to the end of this MyLLC review and decide you want to move forward to become a limited liability corporation, setting up a company at MyLLC.com requires just four simple steps:
- Visit their website and fill out their online order form. You will be prompted to give them all of the information needed to form your LLC and will learn about the filing fees for the state you are filing in.
- Work with MyLLC to find a suitable name for your company that hasn’t already been claimed by someone else. They will run a check to see if the name you specify in your order form is available. If it is available, you won’t hear anything and the paperwork will continue. If it has been taken, a representative of MyLLC will contact you and help you find alternative names that have not yet been registered.
- Review the initial completed forms to ensure accuracy. Within 48 hours of filing your order form, you will receive initial documents fully completed. You should look these over carefully as they are the documents that will be delivered to the state to secure your LLC status. If mistakes are found or you have questions, you can work directly with your personal formation expert.
- MyLLC will file your completed and approved documents with the state and handle all other paperwork involved with setting up a company. Your job is to wait and perhaps educate yourself on other aspects of becoming an LLC.
Final MyLLC Review
MyLLC is one of the best services you will find anywhere, especially if you don’t know a lot about setting up a company or becoming an LLC or other form of corporation. They have been in business since 1998 and have thousands of dedicated customers who depend on their expertise to set up and maintain their companies. With that history, they are definitely one of the more reputable corporation filing services operating through the Internet today.
The downside may be that MyLLC doesn’t reveal prices on the website. You have to start the ordering process to start seeing their service rates and determine the amount of filing fees for the state you want to file in.